Friday, February 6, 2009

A little about me...

Hello all! Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Chasity Mae and I am 28 years old. I have already been through so much in my life that it is quite shocking. I was raised by my grandparents, went to school to become a teacher, got married, got divorced, helped raise my niece, left teaching, got into the world of Network Marketing, began writing a book, and started my own company. Wow, what a busy bee I have been. The idea for this blog came from my bff, Petty. After hearing her thoughts, I discussed the idea with my manager and as you can see, I am up and running!
The idea for my company began with my book. My grandparents have been asking me to write a book for years, but I just never really bought into the idea that I had a story people wanted to hear. Last year I got the chance to attend a seminar hosted by Myron Golden. He is an entrepreneur who wrote a book called "From the Trash Man to the Cash Man." When he told his amazing story, I couldn't help but get drawn in. He had this way of talking to you that made you realize that anybody can do anything and he was proof. You could tell he inspired everybody in that room to make a change in their life. I decided right then that everybody has a story to tell. I looked back on my life and realized that I had quite a doozy of one! That was the start of my inspiration. I was going to write a book, become a public speaker, and help motivate and inspire "big girls" through my story. The reason I say "big girls" is because I have been a big girl most of my life. I graduated high school a size 18, so I know the struggles we face everyday. When I look at people, I don't see a size, but unfortunately we live in an image conscious world, so most people are caught up on the size of a person.
Until Myron, most people wanted to inspire or motivate me to lose weight because that is what they wanted for me. They assumed that I was miserable, unhappy, lonely, and depressed. The truth is, I never felt that way. I always liked who I was and I loved being me. I have an amazing family, incredible friends, a successful business, and I lead a life that I am proud of. The size of my body has nothing to do with any of it, but hearing that you need to lose weight all of the time can take a toll. You have to make the choice to be happy with who you are and not care what other people think. I made that choice and I know that I only deserve the best for myself. Please don't be misled, having self-confidence doesn't mean that I am conceited.
When I got divorced, I reflected back on a lot of things in my life and what I found shocked me. I was miserable and unhappy because I allowed someone else to have control of my life. I look at my divorce as a second chance to finally lead the life that I want, using my rules, and creating my happiness. I took back control with the help and support of my amazing grandparents and supportive friends. They believed in me the entire time and what was so amazing, is their belief led to me believing in myself. I promised myself that from 2009 on, I was no longer settling for anything less than everything!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Chasity! I wish you all the luck in the world and great success as well.

    ReplyDelete